Ok – the last couple days has been on the go – but all good stuff (can you tell? um…I mean I did start with COOKIES!)
Food Prep, Weekend So Far and He is One!
1. Use unsalted butter! Bring that AND your eggs to room temp before you start
2. Don’t over mix the flour in – it should be JUST until it’s combined
3. ALWAYS parchment paper – easy cleanup and even baking!
4. Chill the dough overnight…It might feel hard to wait but it is so worth it. SO MUCH FLAVOR
5. The cookies will look under baked – and that is ok! Pat them down lightly with a spoon and then sprinkle on some sea salt….let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 3-5 minutes before moving to the cooling rack
6. Don’t forget to add plenty of chocolate to your dough – I like to mix semi sweet and dark chocolate. Chopping up chocolate bars is amazing too!
What are your favorite cookie baking/making tips?
Made it home by six and relaxed with B for awhile! We watched American Sniper and then ended up going to the bar and grill down the street and meeting up with some friends. I was nearly sleeping on the floor BUT sucked it up and went anyway!
Here is how I made it!
– 1/4 cup egg whites, a pinch of stevia, cinnamon, almond extract, 1 T Vanilla Shakeology and a splash of unsweetened vanilla cashew milk! Whip that all together and I used a piece of Sara Lee Whole Wheat Bread to soak it all up and then cooked like french toast! (duh!) Topped it off with almond butter and raspberries…the best! And of course I had to have some eggs too!
Spent the rest of the morning working on a coach things! Getting a new client started right in her workout program and nutrition regimen and answering facebook messages and emails. Had to also get the present wrapped that I got for my favorite and newest ONE YEAR OLD! One of my besties’ little man turned one 🙂 So me and B went to his party for a bit in the afternoon!
Nine years ago today was my first half marathon! Today I have no idea how far I went, how fast I went and man that wind today was killer! (welcome to ND. ha!) – but you know what? I can honestly say that it felt good to just go out and MOVE. THAT is what activity should be about people. No obsessing over numbers, times, distance – but just a celebration of what we CAN DO.
Prepping some side salads, roast some broccoli, marinate some duck, sloppy joes and homemade paleo buns too!
Will post more about that later…
How is your weekend so far?
What have you been up to?